Also, take the time to visit www.elliotelliotelliot.com

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Hit Series


I think it's going to be huge.

Speaking of huge hit series, I went and saw The Lion, The Witch etc last night.
I was not really interested in seeing it, I don't really like the book.
But I have to say I thought it was really good.
The story is completely bizarre, even for a fantasy, and I'm not really a big fan of the Jesusy overtones, but there's plenty to enjoy.
The animation throughout is very, very good.
There is some nice voice acting, from Ray Winstone as Beaver especially (the beavers were particularly well animated and had a lovely run).
I think Michael Wincott who did the chief wolf has a great voice but the American accent was out of place.
My favorite character was a gryphon who only delivered a single line.
Whoever voiced it has a terrific voice, and I was dissapointed he only had a tiny role.
The fellow playing Mr Tumnus was very endearing indeed (I had an ex who used to call me Mr Tumnus, I have just recalled).
Liam Neeson did a dreadful job as Aslan the lion.
The film simplifies some complex issues, and as I mentioned, is really quite a strange tale, but it was really very good.

3 comments:

Girl said...

heh.

Boris Hiestand said...

I'd love to play one of yer lil' lesbians man. I could be the one with the moustache. I see an opening sequence very much like Tim Burton's Batman, with a camera going through what seems like a dark black forest, in the end pulling out to reveal a massive carpet, or pubic wig, accompanied by the title.
In the middle segment there should also be a YMCA-esque segment of course, and several men have to be killed.

Agree totally on the voices on Narnia- though I thought I heard Michael Madsen do the wolf.. I was disappointed.

Elliot Cowan said...

Boris - I would love for you to play a lesbian.
I was considering joining the cast so perhaps we could be lesbians together.

It may have been Michael Madsen doing the wolf, but I'm fairly sure it was Michael Wincott.
He's got a pretting distinctive voice.

 
Blog Directory - Blogged